Commander's Palace is a restaurant in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. It was built in 1880. It is located in the Garden District of Uptown New Orleans (1403 Washington Ave, New Orleans, 70130), and is owned by the Brennan family. It has long been one of the best regarded upscale restaurants in the city. Paul Prudhomme and Emeril Lagasse are two of its most famous alumni who have worked in its kitchen through the years. Commander's Palace received a four-diamond rating by the American Automobile Association.In 1880, Emile Commander established this restaurant patronized by the distinguished neighborhood families of the Garden District and by 1900 Commander's Palace was attracting gourmets from all over the world.In the 1920s, riverboat captains frequented it and would rendezvous with women in the private dining room upstairs while the downstairs with a separate entrance remained a respectable family establishment.In 1944, Frank and Elinor Moran bought Commander's Palace, refurbished it and carried on its tradition of excellence with an expanded menu including many recipes still used.30 years later, when the Brennans took over, they redesigned the interior to complement the outdoor setting. Large windows replaced walls, and custom trellises and paintings were commissioned.
Commander's Palace is a restaurant in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. It was built in 1880. It is located in the Garden District of Uptown New Orleans (1403 Washington Ave, New Orleans, 70130), and is owned by the Brennan family. It has long been one of the best regarded upscale restaurants in the city. Paul Prudhomme and Emeril Lagasse are two of its most famous alumni who have worked in its kitchen through the years. Commander's Palace received a four-diamond rating by the American Automobile Association.In 1880, Emile Commander established this restaurant patronized by the distinguished neighborhood families of the Garden District and by 1900 Commander's Palace was attracting gourmets from all over the world.In the 1920s, riverboat captains frequented it and would rendezvous with women in the private dining room upstairs while the downstairs with a separate entrance remained a respectable family establishment.In 1944, Frank and Elinor Moran bought Commander's Palace, refurbished it and carried on its tradition of excellence with an expanded menu including many recipes still used.30 years later, when the Brennans took over, they redesigned the interior to complement the outdoor setting. Large windows replaced walls, and custom trellises and paintings were commissioned.
A dinning room in the Garden District
A dinning room in the Garden District
Back to Top